Summer is here and it is the perfect time to flaunt those beautiful summer dresses. But so is the apprehension of losing your gorgeous skin. If you are worried that this scorching heat, and burning flames are going to spoil your skin, then I think, it is the right time for you to follow these tips to keep your skin from going dull, dry and blemished. We must pay special attention to the skin and should adapt the skin care routine according to the season. Here are some tips for glowing and healthy skin during this summer:
- Water: It is the best and most effective remedy. It not only quenches the thirst but also helps to flush out the toxins and waste that accumulate in the body. During summer, our body dehydrates more than it does normally, so we need to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water per day. We can also increase the intake of fluids like fruit juices, coconut water, green tea, buttermilk and mango panna to decrease the heat level and keep the body cool and hydrated. Green tea is high in antioxidants which help to eliminate dead skin cells and the anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic properties in green tea protects against a variety of skin disorders. Fluids help to detoxify the skin and keep the skin soft, dewy and clear. Avoid drinking sodas and aerated drinks completely.
- Eat Right: What goes into your stomach is linked directly to how your skin looks. Eating junk and processed foods not only creates deficiency of nutrients, but also leads to toxins in the body. So include lots of fruits with high water-content like watermelon, grapefruits, cantaloupe, peaches, pineapples, etc. Eating skin-friendly foods such as green-leafy vegetables in the form of salads, steamed veggies are prime in order to load up on antioxidants and flavonoids.
- Tan-removal packs: Once in a while opt for tan-removal packs along with your cleansing, moisturizing and toning rituals. It is one of the major problems skin has to suffer through in hot summers. Some of the best and easiest homemade tan-removal packs are-
Lemon and Aloe Vera face pack– Lemon is one of the best citrus fruits that have rich medicinal and cosmetic benefits. it is a natural bleaching agent and an antioxidant which combats the free radicals that accumulate on skin surfaces. It is also rich in vitamin C, and the intake of lemon juice would fetch you a glowing skin. Aloe Vera on the other side is a short stemmed succulent plant that produces antiseptics that have the super power to kill any kind of bacteria, fungi and viruses that settle on the skin due to pollution, dust and other reasons. All you need to do is juice a lemon and besides that also mash the aloe vera leaves. Mix them properly until an aromatic paste is formed. Apply this onto the tanned area of the skin and allow it to dry. You need to apply this paste twice or thrice a day to cleanse and prevent your skin from getting tanned from time-to-time. This is also an effective cure for dark circles around eyes.
Curd and gram flour face pack–
Curd is a great exfoliating agent that removes dead skin cells and also moisturizes the skin deeply. It helps in cooling the skin that is continuously exposed to sunlight for hours. Gram flour is widely used in whitening your skin and it really helps in giving an instant glow to your skin. Take curd and gram flour in equal quantities and mix well by adding lemon juice in proportions. Apply this paste to face, neck and other body parts such as hands and feet. Pat it dry and wash it with warm water. This can be applied twice a week which ultimately results in soft glowing skin.
- Cool showers: Warm showers during the summer season can further dry out your skin ans make it susceptible to tanning. So, opt for cool showers in order to keep the skin fresh and hydrated.
- Sunscreen: Applying sunscreen creams and lotions on the skin before going out into the sun helps not only prevent skin darkening and skin damage but also protects the skin from the harsh UV-A and UV-B rays of the sun that can lead to skin cancer. The sunscreen lotion should be applied at least 15 to 30 minutes before going out in the sun. Always apply a sunscreen which contains high SPF, 30 minutes before stepping out in the sun. Reapply the sunscreen every two hour and opt for a waterproof sunscreen. Try to stay indoors during 10 am to 4 pm as the sun rays are harshest during that time and can have adverse effects on the skin.
So follow these simple tips and it will help you to get rid of all the worries regarding your skin and will give you a lot of confidence to face the world. So get ready to flaunt a better, younger and glowing skin this summer.
Powered by Facebook Comments